Would you rather visit the dentist than an auto repair facility?
Here are 6 tips to avoid expensive auto repairs:
- Follow the maintenance schedule as outlined in your owner’s manual. The best way to avoid costly repairs is to take preventative and proactive steps that will keep your car in the best condition possible.
- If there is a problem with your vehicle, get it checked out as soon as you can, and if it requires repair handle it immediately to avoid bigger problems
- Change fluids, filters and spark plugs as the car’s manufacturer recommends. When it comes to brake fluid, ask your shop to test it with BrakeStrip to test the copper levels and change if above 200 ppm.
- Upgrade your motor oil to a high performance synthetic oil, which can help to prevent certain problems and can also improve your car’s performance.
- Properly inflate your tires. This is especially important because tires with too little air, or too much, can result in excessive wear and may cause a blow out.
- If you notice unusual noises on your car, check with your owner’s manual for information or search online in forums. Quite often, some noises are perfectly normal and there is no need for concern. The point is to be aware and proactive.
Your owner’s manual will usually let you know whether or not a scheduled visit to the car repair shop is necessary.
If you do have to take your car in for repairs, be sure that you are dealing with a reputable company. MAP offers a thorough program for auto repair facilities to join. Our program is designed to protect you as a consumer, so take advantage of this offering.
These steps will help to keep your car running smoothly and may also keep some extra bucks in your wallet.
The price of gasoline is only going up, so a few extra dollars here and there go a long way!
Post modified from original post